Chown Place is a pocket of tranquility in a busy and frantic world. I find it very peaceful and quiet. We are well looked after and live in nice, well-appointed units. There are activities we can enjoy and one makes friends here easily. I would not want to live anywhere else.
- Connie Van der Plas, resident of 10 years
The GVS is rightly proud of the pleasant, pastoral setting of our housing. Each suite at Chown Place has an individual garden which ensures constant colour and seasonal blooms throughout the complex. Common areas are tended to by professional gardeners - but resident assistance is always welcome!
There is a large Activity Centre on the property, including a Laundry, and one additional suite is kept as a Guest Suite available for family and visitors. Residents are actively involved in the life of Gorge View Society through the Fellowship Group.
Applicants must meet the following criteria, go through an interview process and reference check before being accepted for residency:
- Single applicants must be 55 years of age or older.
- Both applicants for a couple’s suite must meet the age requirement of 55 years or older.
- Chown Place is a non-smoking residence and applicants must agree to no smoking in their units or on the property.
- Applicants must be able to look after their own physical needs without assistance or supervision, and must supply a doctor's medical form in support of their medical conditions.
Application forms are available Mondays through Fridays from 8 am to 12 noon at Chown Place or can be downloaded here: